Update – June 2014
Well honestly speaking the past two years have really been incredible. I have learnt a great deal, as have the trustees. It has become quite clear that patience is a great skill to have in this industry. I guess I thought it would be easy! We’d register the charity, find out what the need was and then raise funds and then get the help to those who need it. I had an idealistic view on life.
What I’m begining to understand is that as in every industry there are rules and regulations to ensure things are done properly.
So, back to the question – What have we been up to? Here are a few things we have been up to:
- Registering the Charity officially in the UK and Zambia
- Getting costings for building works
- Running Our first campaign
- Regrouping to look at more cost effective ways to deliver services in Zambia
- Seeking advice from those who are in the industry